February 7, 2013

all things are possible



This photo by Laurent Chehere is just how I feel, somehow.  His wonderful "Flying Houses" of Paris were featured on Slate this week
   
Today is my birthday, and it has been a lovely day from start to finish.  I've had pecan pie, chocolate mousse, and cheesecake (not all at the same time...thank goodness).  I've had lovely messages from friends far and near, and a few wonderful gifts.  Now that everyone is asleep I'm looking up "If February 7 is your birthday" horoscopes."  April is apparently going to be an excellent time to put new enterprises into motion.  Ohh, and here's a better one: All things are possible, at least for you.  Now that's what makes the Globe and Mail a superior paper.

There hasn't been much time for writing today, although earlier today I was reading this very long but enjoyable book club discussion with George Saunders on The Rumpus.  I don't have a copy of Tenth of December, but I'm sure it'll come into my hands eventually.  Here's a shorter Q&A with him in Portland Monthly Mag, posted yesterday, that I stumbled onto this evening.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday ! ;)

pat@siteandinsight.com said...

Happiest birthday -- pecan pie, chocolate mousse and cheesecake: how could it be anything but happy?

m said...

Happy birthday! Three kinds of desserts bodes well for a good year.

Samantha said...

I'm late, but happy birthday!

Jonathan Ball said...

Your new lease on blogging life is putting my blog to shame. I texted you a happy birthday but happy birthday! once again. (almost a couplet)

saleema said...

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes! It was a really lovely day.

(Jon, let the shame spur you on to ever-more blogging....)